Part of Something Bigger!
The Internet is for anyone who wants to share their ideas with the world. At Namecheap, we're excited to help our customers realize their dreams. That's why we're here.
Our teams constantly work to transform the latest tech breakthroughs into usable products that will shape the future of not just Namecheap, but the entire industry.
Inside the Cloud Team, you and your teammates will pave the way in infrastructure, research, and frontend development, creating platforms that meet the needs of our customers and our company.
We describe ourselves as a team of technical experts, made stronger by diverse perspectives. We pride ourselves on our flat, open working style, and use every chance we can to inject humor into the daily hustle.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will report to our Cloud DevOps Team Lead, and contribute to developing and maintaining our next generation cloud services. You will join a heterogeneous team focused on making technology accessible by delivering robust, customer-friendly cloud products through a seamless Namecheap experience.
“The Cloud Team is a mix of beautiful minds. Not only people with strong technical skills, but also different personalities full of creativity and charisma. Namecheap is a rare bird. A technology company where people come first. Truth, Trust, and Transparency are our bread and butter.”
-Nicola Ballota, Director of Cloud
Location: Remote - Europe.
- Ideate, plan, and code a wide variety of cloud services
- Help Namecheap build our container application cloud on top of our own bare metal
- Research, learn, and share the latest trends and technologies in the cloud industry
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for our cloud services
- Document processes and software
- Share technical knowledge with the team members
- Be committed to best practices
- Give your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more
- Previous experience with large-scale, high-availability, asynchronous, distributed systems
- 4+ years experience with development of cloud services
- Superior knowledge in Python and/or Golang coding languages
- Basic knowledge in Bash scripting
- Good knowledge of serialization mechanisms (Json, YAML, etc)
- Strong Linux/Unix experience and a deep understanding of how systems work
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- At least a basic knowledge of Prometheus/Grafana
- CI/CD knowledge (Jenkins)
- Write good documentation and self explanatory code
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding how to secure cloud services and data
- Excellent communications skills
- Have a strong will for self-development
- Strong focus on self-education and self-motivation, team player with a keen desire to help others
It's great, but not essential, if you have
- Experience with Flask, SQLAlchemy, Marshmallow
- Experience with Gin Gonic, SwagGo, GinProm
- Experience with automation tools: Ansible (would be great), Puppet, Salt
- Previous experience in hacking Linux kernel
- Previous experience in the hosting/cloud industry
- Experience with a public cloud provider like AWS or Gcloud
- Experience with hosting operating systems like CoreOS, Atomic or similar
- Experience of software defined storage (Ceph, Gluster, persistent container storage and more)
- Contributing to open source projects that power cloud services
Our work culture and benefits
- You’ll receive a competitive salary
- Whether you work remotely from the comfort of your home, or in an office, you’ll interact with international colleagues from multiple disciplines, and with great sense of humor on a daily basis! We use multiple communication tools, have a few regular meetings a week (and sometimes more frequent). We also build in time for focused work (just let us know you’re in Do Not Disturb mode)
- We work in an iterative way, fueled by testing and learning quickly from users, colleagues, and stakeholders. You’ll grow a lot in this evolving environment
- We strive to design beautiful and delightful interactions but not at the expense of function, performance and accessibility. You’ll be challenged to achieve the best results for our users, and grow the metrics of our business
- You’ll be able to manage your own time and energy to always work in a calm and healthy way and take the necessary time off to recharge
People Are The Reason
The Internet is built on computers and servers, but there's no net without people – people like you and people like us. In today’s global market, having an online presence isn't just a nice thing to have, it's a necessity. We at Namecheap think it’s a basic right!
That’s why we’ve made it our Mission to provide affordable access to domains, along with the products and services that can help you make your mark online. We look forward to helping you get those ideas online and out to the world.
Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company founded in 2000 by CEO Richard Kirkendall. It is one of the fastest-growing American companies according to the 2018 Inc. 5000. Celebrating nearly two decades of providing unparalleled levels of service, security, and support, Namecheap has been steadfast in customer satisfaction. With over 10 million domains under management, Namecheap is among the top domain registrars and web hosting providers in the world.
We offer a full selection of popular and unique domains, along with fully featured hosting packages, SSL security certificates, WhoisGuard privacy protection, and more–all at some of the lowest prices in the industry.