Cloudbeds is a travel industry company that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across over 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages.
How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
Software Engineering Manager:
As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will lead many remote teams of Software Engineers to deliver frequent and high-impact value to our customers in over 150 countries. You will be responsible for team hiring, onboarding, performance, and growth, as well as facilitating the delivery of key projects.
In an agile and high-growth environment, you will work across departments to eliminate obstacles by continuously experimenting with new and creative ideas to optimize performance, quality, and communication. As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will be a key contributor in our delivery of the highest quality full-stack property management solution for properties all around the world.
Location: Western Europe (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Manage high performing, agile software teams in a rapidly growing, global organization.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and leadership to facilitate project delivery.
- Leveraging your background, actively contribute to technical discussions and strategy.
- Contribute to department-wide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity.
- Work with our recruiting team to hire and onboard top engineering talent.
- Encourage a healthy and innovative team culture demonstrating Cloudbeds’ values through mentorship and coaching.
- Constantly detect and take advantage of opportunities to improve team performance, quality, and communication (Kaizen!).
You’ll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field.
- 10+ years experience developing software, preferably SaaS.
- 5+ years experience managing remote, international software engineers.
- 2+ years experience managing multiple teams.
- A passion for delivering value to customers via agile software development.
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS software technologies, best practices, and design patterns.
- Experience managing within scrum framework.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to facilitate initiatives within engineering and new product value to customers.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and decision making skills driving high-impact, rapid, and iterative change in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Experience hiring, onboarding, developing strong engineering teams.
- Experience with coaching and mentorship to elevate team performance.
- Ability to take initiative and make an impact on the larger organization.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
Nice to Haves:
- Certified Agile Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification(s).
- Knowledge of NodeJS, Python, JS, Vue.js, React, MySQL, Redis, and SQS.
- Experience programming or supporting applications in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with service-oriented, microservices, or serverless architectures.
- Experience implementing cross-department incident escalation flows.
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket).
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an unlimited PTO policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. To make it easy for our team to travel we offer 2 corporate apartment accommodations near our San Diego and Sao Paulo offices.
At Cloudbeds we are dedicated to your personal and professional development. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your unique individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Deloitte’s North America Technology Fast 500 (2019)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)