WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers in 2020, is rapidly growing and eager to add new members to our technical team. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated DevOps Engineer for a full-time, permanent position.
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- 7 years+ experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- 3 years+ experience with AWS-based production infrastructure
- 3 years+ experience with Linux/Unix operating system environments
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
- 2 years+ experience Configuration Management frameworks
- 2 years+ experience working with containers like Docker
- Critical thinking skills in a complex IT environment to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems without direction
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-available service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Willingness to work hard (55hrs per week)
- Coordinates and oversees preparation and deployment of improvements and new features for our products and services
- Performs testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors
- Participates in architecture and software development activities
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions
- Collaborates with the team to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Health benefits (if working from our office in Washington, D.C.)
- Visa sponsorship (if working from our office in Washington, D.C.)
This position can be performed fully remotely.
Although we appreciate your interest in working with us, due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
More about WalletHub
WalletHub is a high-growth fintech company based in Washington, DC that is looking for talented, hard-working individuals to help us reshape personal finance. More specifically, we are harnessing the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to build the brain of a smart financial advisor, whose services we’re offering to everyone for free. The WalletHub brain enables users to make better financial decisions in a fraction of the time with three unique features:
1) Customized Credit-Improvement Tips: WalletHub identifies improvement opportunities and guides you through the necessary corrections.
2) Personalized Money-Saving Advice: WalletHub’s savings brain constantly scours the market for load-lightening opportunities, bringing you only the best deals.
3) Wallet Surveillance: Personal finance isn’t as scary with 24/7 credit monitoring providing backup, notifying you of important credit-report changes.
In addition to the valuable intelligence the brain provides, WalletHub is the first and only service to offer free credit scores and full credit reports that are updated on a daily basis absent of user interaction, rather than weekly or monthly and only when a user logs in. Some other services hang their hats on free credit scores and reports, yet they’re still inferior to what WalletHub considers minor pieces to a much larger puzzle.